WELCOME TO PHYSICAL EDUCATION AT UNION SPRINGS CSD!
- To develop one's desire to appreciate and acquire physical skills which may be enjoyed as recreational activities during and after the completion of formal education.
- To provide opportunity for self-expression as an individual, as a member of a group, or as a group leader.
- To recognize the value of the rules of a game, the various strategies and options in the game, and individual roles in achieving team goals.
- To value the personal qualities of self-control, self-confidence, good sportsmanship, and respect for others that enable individuals to work and play with others for common goals.
- To help students gain an understanding of, and feel comfortable with, their bodies capabilities, and promote full use of this knowledge.
- To help students understand and appreciate both the worth and limitations of self and others.
- To help students appreciate the value of healthy living and vigorous physical activity.
- To improve the fitness level of students using appropriate measurement tools.
- To provide an opportunity for vigorous exercise, both as a means to improve individual physical condition and as an outlet for energy release.
- To exhibit knowledge and understanding of the basic principles and physiology of human movement.
- To develop a safety-conscious attitude including judgement and use of safe procedures while participating in physical activities.
WHY DO CHILDREN NEED PHYSICAL EDUCATION?
The Surgeon General recomends that all people are physically active for at least 30 minutes per day at a moderate level.
(brisk walk, swimming, biking, rollerblading, etc.)
Physical Education benefits a child's overall health by increasing:
- cardiovascular endurance (heart and lungs)
- muscle strength
- muscle endurance
- weight regulation
- improved bone development
- improved posture
- skillful and safe movement
- increased mental alertness
- active lifestyle habits
- constructive use of leisure time
If you have any questions contact me at: