Union Springs Athletic Hall of Fame
The Union Springs Central School Athletic Hall of Fame was chartered in the fall of 2008. Its purpose is to recognize the accomplishments of the inductees and develop pride in the rich athletic traditions of the district. These role models exemplify Union Springs commitment to athletic excellence, qualities of leadership, and sportsmanship. Through recognition, the inductees and their families will be reconnected with Union Springs Central School providing current student athletes with a deeper understanding and appreciation for the history of Union Springs Athletics.
Yearly Timeline :
October 1 – Nomination deadline
October/November – Review pool of nominees
December 1 – Committee finalizes yearly honorees
December 1 – Yearly honorees announced and invited May – The yearly ceremony will take place in May.
- Athlete – Must have graduated ten (10) years prior to nomination in order to be considered.
- Coach - Must have coached for Union Springs Schools for a minimum of ten (10) years, and must have been separated from the district at least two (2) years prior to nomination.
- Team - A team must have a minimum of ten (10) years since the year in which it achieved its success.
- Honorary – Distinguished service to the athletic program or exhibiting an exceptional degree of accomplishment in his/her professional endeavors.
- Posthumous candidates accepted for any category.
- All nominations will remain active for a total of three (3) years. Unsuccessful nominees may be re-submitted after three (3) years.
Mail completed nomination forms by October 1 to:
Athletic Hall of Fame
Union Springs High School
239 Cayuga Street Union Springs, NY 13160
Selection Committee: Inductees will be chosen by the Union Springs Athletic Hall of Fame Committee which is comprised of nine voting members representing coaching staff, teachers, staff members, community members, and the athletic coordinator. All committee members will serve for a period of three years. At the end of the three years, the committee members have the option of seeking another three years at the discretion of the athletic coordinator. In the instance where a committee member resigns before the end of their term, the athletic coordinator will appoint a new committee member to fill this position. In addition, the committee has the option to vote on dismissing a committee member who is not fulfilling their obligations. A candidate will be successfully voted into the Union Springs Athletic Hall of Fame when they receive two-thirds or 67% of the majority vote of the Athletic Hall of Fame Committee.
1965-66 Boys Varsity Basketball Team
Mike Howell, Jr.
1956 Boys Track Team
1983-84 Boys Basketball Team
1978 Volleyball Team
1993 Boys Soccer Team
1961 Baseball Team
1982 Boys Golf Team
1994 Girls Soccer Team
1960 Football Team
1953-54 Boys Basketball Team